Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bittersweet Fall

I do have to say, I do enjoy fall. I love the sound the leaves make under your feet as you walk through them. I have always enjoyed that crunching noise...don't ask why. Most days, the weather is pleasant enough. The colors on the trees are so vibrant. Then of course...they all fall to the ground and leave us with bear trees that are only a reminder of the looong winter to come. That's what I hate about fall. It leads into a season filled with blustering cold, snow and ice. I guess enjoying every last day I can of the pleasant weather will get me though.

This year, the kids must have remembered last fall, which surprised me. Once the leaves started falling, Elaina immediately started asking when we would make a big pile. Soon enough, my dear, soon enough. Here are some pictures of their long awaited "big pile".







1 comment:

Mama Eve said...

I just saw this today (March 21) lol...but I gotta say these pictures are AWESOME! I hope you printed them.

ps. can't tell you why I am digging through your old posts, but youll find out tomorrow!

California Dreaming!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Smokey Mountains