Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Official...He's Growing Up!







Four years ago, it seemed impossible that this day would come. The time where my little boys feet would be touching the foot board of his toddler bed, which was once his crib. After all...this is the only bed he's known for years now. Of course with this growth, there comes the issue of not being able to fit 3 beds in one room. So for the first time in their lives, my little boy, is on his own. He has left the comfort of his room that is still decorated as a nursery and his bed with his homemade soccer ball blanket, into this brand new BIG bed and newly painted room that looks way too grown up for a boy that was really only born yesterday!
Seth really was looking forward to the time where he would be able to crawl into a nice warm bed and fall asleep with no pesky girls keeping him awake with all their bedtime antics. We've been talking about the move for months and he was so excited and would often refer to the big empty room as HIS room.
That first night, he was so excited to crawl into his new spacious bed and spread out all of his stuffed animals. He was nothing but smiles from ear to ear. About an hour after bedtime it hit him....he was alone. He became scared and lonely. My advice to him, was that I LOVE it when daddy is gone and I get my big bed all to myself! That seemed to make him feel better. I also let him know that he wasn't alone. Our dog, Lucia, is sharing his room with him. It's been smooth sailing ever since!
On the flip side, I was a little ashamed of myself that the previous night, I was so frustrated with the kids by the end of the day, that I couldn't wait to get them in bed. So now, a moment I will never get back...I didn't take the time to think about the fact that it was the last time all 3 of them would share a room. For that I will always be a little sad and hope that it will serve as a reminder for me in the future.
So for now...off to do the "girl" room!

No comments:

California Dreaming!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Smokey Mountains