Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!



I know I'm back tracking here, but I really needed some sort of record of the fun Father's day project we started for Jason. My first thoughts were to let the kids make him a picture. Then, I figured, what the heck...let's break out the water color paints. Next thing I know, they look like this. Thanks to the crayola paints, and glitter paint I decided to let them try too. I was hoping to get away with minimal mess. Well, needless to say, we all needed showers after this project. Their new favorite thing to do is make happy faces. They don't use their paper though, they insist on drawing the happy faces on their face...thank you crayola bath crayons!!! And it was all downhill from there. As you can see, Grace made a lot of happy faces that day. Seth managed to stay pretty clean. He was content just making hand prints and smearing the glitter paint around the paper. Elaina stuck to her trademark purple paint, and was busy making hand prints on her paper, but once I added the glitter paint to her project it turned into a real mess. In fact, I don't know how I managed to get her to semi-smile for this picture. In reality, she had a mouth full of glitter paint and was frantically trying to get it out of her mouth. The drool was flying! So be warned....all of you moms of toddlers out there, hoping for a nice clean painting experience. It ain't gonna happen!!! It is a memory I wouldn't trade, Jason loved the paintings, and the kids insisted that they be on the refrigerator for weeks!

No comments:

California Dreaming!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Smokey Mountains