Thursday, July 10, 2008

The First Day of Preschool

Well, it's here, the beginning of the triplets school career. I signed them up for a summer preschool program, in hopes that when the fall comes, they would be ready to go to school and actually enjoy it. The plan was for me to stay in the room with them and linger in the corner, in hopes they wouldn't cry and enjoy themselves some. Well, to my and Mrs. Miles' surprise, as soon as we walked in the door, they all ran up to Mrs. Miles at the same time, wrapped their little arms around her, and gave her the biggest hug they could. She was more than happy to send me home for a couple of hours. So, I left...without my children. Oh, the freedom, the peacefulness. It was all so overwhelming. I walked into my house childless for the first time in almost 3 years. It was still and quiet. I didn't know what to do with myself. All of a sudden, I had all this "me" time. Surprisingly (lol) I was able to get over the quietness and enjoy a whole 2 hours to myself rather easily. Now, I can't wait for the one day a week they go to school!

1 comment:

The Morgan Mommy said...

Awwwww, I don't know who looks happier.....the teacher or the kids! How exciting for everybody! sniff-sniff

California Dreaming!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Smokey Mountains